I recently talked to my sister on the phone and she said, " You need to hurry and update your blog, mom is having a panic attack, she's having withdrawls." Ha ha well mom here you go, this post is for you :).
This year the 4th of July was kind of a bummer for us, which was even more of a bummer for me beacsue the 4th of July is one of my most favorite holidays besides Christmas of course :).Most our friends were out of town and it is just way way too HOT here in Phoenix to even enjoy being outside for more than 5 seconds. Although, we actually did catch a break, it was cloudy the whole day and it ended up raining! Normally I would be angry about that on the 4th but here in Phoenix I welcomed it with open arms.
We started the day bright and early and went to a ward breakfast which was fun. Then we just chilled for a few hours and later went to Smash Burger to eat, YUM. After we ate we went and saw the new Spider Man movie. It was kind of a let down, it wasn't bad it was just too much like the previous one, I don't understand why they made a new one so soon? Anyway that was our 4th, and the biggest bummer of all... I did not see one firework not one! It was dead here. I didn't even see any firework stands on the roads. My friends in the ward warned me about how boring it is here on the 4th and they were right. Conrad and I both did have the day off, it was fun being able to spend the whole day with him so it wasn't all bad :)
Here are some of the poeple and places we were missing this 4th of July...
Going to the Stadium of Fire has been a Johnson family tradition since I was little. LOVE the Stadium of Fire so many good memories.
| Me and Syd Squid- Stadium of Fire 2011 |
I'm glad you had a relaxing 4th! We missed having you at out barbeque - the pictures brought back some sweet memories!
ReplyDelete