Thursday, September 1, 2011

Addicted to the game Small World













What we have been up to lately... Work, school and playing Small World. For those of you who do not know, Small World is a board game, a really fun board game. My Mom and Dad got it for Conrad two years ago for Christmas. Conrad loves games so he quickly became obsessed with the game. I made fun of him for it. Whenever he could, he played it with his brothers who also love to play games. He kept trying to get me to play, but I thought it looked nerdy and too complicated. It is a very strategic game and my mind does not work strategically.

I did eventually play, and yes, I was hooked after that. We had friends in Logan who liked the game as well so we got together with them about twice a week and played all night long. We made it tradition to play a few games and then get Betos after yum! Then we moved to Phoenix and the game collected dust on the shelf for about 11 months. Conrad and I were sad we didn't have anyone to play with anymore. Then lo and behold we get to talking about board games with our friends the Robles's. They told us that they love to play board games! we were giddy with excitement hearing this wonderful news. So of course we told them about Small World and they agreed to play it. One game, and they were hooked. After that first night we played with them, Conrad said to me, "I guarantee you they end up buying that game." Sure enough they bought it :).

We have played with them non stop for a couple of weeks. Not even kidding we went four nights in a row playing until about 1 am. We eat Pretzel M&Ms and listen to Mumford and Sons while we play the game. The husbands are in school now, so we had to limit to once a week sometimes twice if we can :). I know, we are nerds, but we have lots of fun. If you like Settlers of Catan or Risk you will probably like Small World because it's a mix of those two games and it is 10 times better. If you are competitive at board games and you like to take people out then this is the game for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment