Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blog Background OCD and Conrads Apostle Name

My name is Hailey Mickelsen and I have blog background OCD(If that is even the right term you would call it). My last day at my old job was on wednesday and I don't start my new job til Monday so I had a few days of freedom and A LOT of time on my hands. I spent the first half of my day on thursday changing around my blog background. I was just not liking anything. I went through probably 20 different backgrounds, maybe more, I don't know it felt like a lot. Some of you were probably looking at my blog during that time thinking what the crap is going on! just make up your mind already. I finally found one I am satisfied with :) So hopefully it will stay like this for awhile.

So Conrad insisted that I change our title from Conrad and Hailey to W. Conrad and Hailey. Conrad is actually his middle name. His first name is Wesley. He went by Wes all the way up until high school and then when he went to college he decided to go by Conrad instead. His family and some of his friends from high school still call him Wes sometimes. It is weird for me to hear them call him that because I never knew him as Wes. He says he is proud of his roots and always signs his name as W. Conrad. He also jokes that it is his apostle name ha! I do have to agree it does sound like an apostle name.

A little update on us, Conrad is doing well in school, he said this year is not as stressful as last year. His midterms are coming up soon so I probably won't be seeing much of him in the next couple of weeks. Me, nothing much but my new job which I already talked about. Life is good:)

6 comments:

  1. Hahah love the apostle name. And the background is way cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. hilarious. everything about this post is hilarious.

    PS i need to call you back! i'll get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hailey and Conrad (Wes), I didn't know you had a blog. I saw a link on Aunt Kay's blog. It is so fun to see what you are up to. I love the weirdness quote at the top of your blog! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo- Thanks!
    Amanda- yes, you better get on that.
    Joan- Thanks! and yes I am new to the blogging thing. Glad you found it, Conrad days hello.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those halarious names! I think that our Conrad should add "Danger" for his middle name!
    Patty
    PS For some reason I cannot post with my google account - it tells me I am not authorized so I have to post as Anonymous.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its "Anonymous Patty" posting again - I thought I was commenting on the post about all the funny names of children you work with - but then I look back and see that I have commented on a different post! So... I guess I am "blog commenting challenged" or something. Anyway Conrad still has a lot of Wesley in him - but that is whay we love him! Maybe one of these days I will figure out how to post with my google account!
    Anonymous Patty

    ReplyDelete