Day 1: The arrival 6:20 in the A.M.
Obviously the first thing we did when they arrived was take them to the famous breakfast place, Over Easy...
My mom ordered breakfast nachos. You are probably thinking, nachos for breakfast? gross. Actually, no not gross. Very good!
MMMM breakfast nachos, I think I will order this next time we go.
Here we are, full bellies and all.
Funny story: The waitress at Over Easy was a little drunk, or at least hung over and hadn't showered yet. I couldn't smell her but Conrad said she stunk like alcohol. She was funny though. She kept saying the A and sh word. Then she told my dad to try a special sauce on his hash browns, she mixed it up for him and then SPOON FED it to him! Ha I was shocked it was pretty funny. Welcome to Phoenix dad, you are not in Utah anymore.
After breakfast, Conrad had to go to class, so my parents and I hit the Fashion Square mall to go shopping! My dad was a good sport. We stopped and had some Godiva Carmel Milkshakes. Oh my goodness! BEST milkshake ever! so good!
Yes, we were in milkshake heaven. That little cup we are drinking from, 6 bucks! it was totally worth it though.
Day 2: Shopping, food and games!
There is this store in Phoeinx called Nordstrom's Last Chance. Apparently people fly here just to shop at this store. It is like Nordstrom Rack but Last Chance has new and used stuff.
It is like black friday every day at that store, it is crazy! Every morning there is a line of people waiting for the store to open. I also heard there is an "E bay mob" that go in big groups and snatch up all the good stuff and turn around and sell it on e bay. You have to be aggressive and willing to hunt for that good deal but it is totally worth it when you find it :)
We attempted to shop at Last Chance and we found some good stuff! We got lucky though, we didn't really have to hunt, there was this random lady that just walked up to my mom and handed her a pair of TOMS. She said, "Here, I thought you might like these"... ???? we were confused, but gladly accepted because they were new and only 12 bucks AND my size! ha. 10 minutes later she hands my mom ANOTHER pair of TOMS. My mom and I looked at each
other and started laughing so hard. We named her the shopping fairy. We kept our eye on her the rest of the time to see if she would bring us more stuff. Nope that was it.
Here we are in the long line at Last Chance, we actually went there twice, my mom was excited about the stuff she got the previous day so she had to go again.
Notice how she already has a bag in her hand? well that is because after she got done buying one thing she found other things she liked and had to get back in line ha. Oh and the shoes I am wearing are the TOMS we got from the shopping fairy the previous day :)
This is what my poor dad did while we shopped...
He is probably wishing he was at school with Conrad haha.
After shopping we picked up Conrad and went to the local bar "the WineBurger" best burger in town... seriously it really is.
Ha, my dad burned his lip eating a fried zucchini. It was really bad, he had a blister on his lip.
Beer battered fries. mmmmmm best fries I ever had. Don't worry the alcohol was cooked out :)
The original wine burger. tastiest burger, and I have had a lot of burgers.
My dad really enjoyed the burger.
After WineBurger we went to Old Town Scottsdale and walked around the art festival that was going on. My dad made a friend.
There were some pretty cool paintings there.
After walking around in the heat we needed to cool off, so we went and got ice cream at a cool vintage parlor called Churn. Here I am eating a pretzel cone. It was a little too salty for me, but I had to try it because I had never heard of a pretzel cone before.
When we walked around to the back of the ice Cream Parlor we found this wall of cassette tapes, so of course we had to get a picture in front of it.
After ice cream, we went to the club house at our apartment and played some games. My mom was really concentrating, ha ha I love this picture.
Ja ja ja Jenga!
My dad cheated at air hockey... Isn't it a rule that you can't stop the puck, line it up and then take your shot? I thought the puck always had to be moving?
My mom and I attempting to play pool ha ha.
The game went pretty fast because my mom hit the eight ball in right away.
After hanging out in the Club house we went to another restaurant that Guy from Diners, dives and Driv-ins visited.
Thee Pitts Again... Interesting name I know but it was good. Have you ever heard of barbecue pulled turkey? well I hadn't and that is what I got, and it was GOOD :)
The waiter gave us little individually wrapped jelly bellies! how cute! I have never seen them individually wrapped before!
I just could not get enough of these!
Day 3: Mini Golf, more food and the Temple
This guy got like 3 holes in one, not because he is good though, he just got lucky ;-)
After mini Golf, we took my parents to the 50's Soda Parlor, Mac Alpines, the one that is also an antique shop. We got shakes and malts there. They were delicious!
This is a cool phone I found in the shop. Pretty sweet huh?
Conrad found a chair that looked exactly like the one his grandparents had in their house.
Later that night we drove to Mesa and ate at Tia Rosa. We saved the best for last. My Brother and Sister in law, Jessica and Adam introduced us to this place. We are sure glad they did. It still holds the place of our favorite restaurant over all the places we have tried so far here.
I get the same plate every time. Really tasty enchiladas. It is like a fiesta in your mouth:D
It was the perfect night to eat outside, they had the whole place decorated for Halloween. I loved it!
We drove over to the Mesa Temple after dinner to walk around for a bit. You know to walk off all the food we ate over the past 3 days.
A great way to spend the last night of a fun trip.
We had a lot of fun. It was good to see my parents and it went by too fast.
how fun! love all the pics.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend full of eating and shopping, my two favorite things!!!
ReplyDelete