Saturday, October 29, 2011

Paper Thin Walls and Embarrassing Moments

Yesturday I was in my closet trying to decide what to wear for the day. As I was standing there, I realized I could hear a shower running on the other side of the wall. The next thing I hear was a guy, who was obviously in the shower, singing at the top of his lungs the song, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." He was singing my favorite version of the song, the one that is on Home Alone when Kevin is shaving his face in the bathroom he he.

Here is the version of the song so you can get somewhat of an idea of how this guy sounded



I just stood in my closet listening and snickering to myself thinking, "this guy has no idea he has an audience." He was really getting into it. He was doing all the, "ba doo doo doo ba ba ba ba da da" in a really low voice and then he would go in the really high pitched voice on the part that goes, "oh well aye aye aye aye aye I'm dreaming of WHITE CHRISTMAAAAAS! ha ha it was so funny! I wanted to chime in and sing with him or clap and say bravo! but I didn't.

Then I thought if I can hear him so well, that means people can hear me... yes, I like to sing loud sometimes and be really over dramatic, mostly to annoy Conrad. :D Lucky for Conrad that is not going to happen anymore, our walls are too thin, I don't want a secret audience like this guy had in the shower.

This reminded me of an embarrassing moment I had awhile back. I was in my parents room folding laundry with my sisters. I was joking around and singing Kelly Clarksons song, "A Moment Like This" I was trying to belt it out like Kelly does but not sounding anything like her at all. I looked over at the window and my stomach dropped, it was wide open. Considering how loud I was singing I'm sure people could still hear me with the window closed. I was so scared that someone was outside and heard me. I looked outside and didn't see anybody. Well, the next day at church my neighbor came up to me and told he really enjoyed my singing yesturday! AHHHH! I was mortified! yeah pretty embarrassing.

Anyway,thought I would share that story, it was pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. that is hilarious. i wish you would have started singing along with your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete