Since Valentines day was in the middle of the week this year, we really didn't do much on the actual day, we ordered a pizza and watched New Girl, one of our favorite shows to watch together. That was pretty much our night, nice and relaxing. I know kinda boring, but we did celebrate a little more on the weekend. We thought it would be fun to go and do sealings at the temple. Where is a more perfect place to celebrate love than the temple? :) It was our first time doing sealings besides our own. It brought back all the great memories of that day when we were sealed together and the overwhelming happiness and joy that I felt knowing that we are going to be together forever. I was reminded of the promises that we made to each other and to our Heavenly Father and how blessed we are because of our choice to be married in the temple. I am so thankful for Conrad and so happy he is my eternal companion. Going to the temple and doing sealings will definitely be a new Valentines tradition.
After the temple we went and ate at our most favorite restaurant, Tia Rosa. The food was delicious as always, and the perfect ending to a great night.
Here we are at the Mesa Temple.
Here we are waiting to fill our bellies with yummy food.
And, just for fun I wanted to post some pictures of our first Valentines together when we were dating. Conrad is really good at planning fun creative dates and this one was one of the best dates I had been on... and it was the first time he held my hand, which is a big deal for Conrad, he took holding hands very seriously. It was also the first time he told me how he felt about me. All so romantic on a not so romantic but very FUN date.
White Trash Valentines. Meet Cleetus and Luwilla :)
We shot cheap electronics with shot guns. My first and only time shooting a gun, I was terrified.
We went to the Monster truck show. They even painted hearts on the dirt hills.
Chewed some spits while watching the show...
Then we ate at Denny's after.
We definitely looked the part. My stomach and cheek muscles hurt from laughing so hard the entire night.
And that is the end of the trip down memory lane.
Happy belated Valentines!
No comments:
Post a Comment