Sunday, May 20, 2012

Change


The other day I went to a little goodbye get together for a friend in the ward that is moving to South Carolina. It was so much fun talking with all the girls but sad at the same time because it was the last time we were going to see this friend. 

Saying goodbye made me think of when Conrad and I first moved from Utah to Arizona, it was so hard saying goodbye to friends and family. I liked my life the way it was, I loved living in Logan, I absolutely loved going to school at Utah State and of course, I loved being near my family. The day we moved to Arizona I cried off and on for the whole 10 hour drive. Once we got all our stuff moved into our new apartment, I sat on the floor and cried some more (obviously I don't handle change very well) poor Conrad. The first Sunday we attended church at our ward we felt instantly welcomed. So many people invited us to dinner,and family gatherings. The girls in the ward were always calling me and inviting me to various activities. Soon after moving in I found a great job, I was called to Young Women's, Conrad was called to be a Sunday school teacher and we quickly made many good friends. That's one of the many great blessings of  being a member of the church, you have instant friends where ever you go.

We have been here for almost two years now. Looking back I've realized how much Conrad and I have grown, and all the fun experiences we've had here. We would've never had those experiences if we hadn't made that big change and moved. Of course it is still hard being away from family but having great friends makes it a little easier. Even though change is hard, it almost always turns out to be for the better.  Without change life would be boring.


I stole this picture off my friends blog she is always good about taking pictures.
I love these girls, they are so great. We wish the best of luck to Becca and her family and their new life in South Carolina!

5 comments:

  1. thank you for this sweet post!!! i needed to hear thing. change is hard i have to agree. that's crazy you have almost been down there for 2 years. me and kb are moving to texas the end of july. and we are excited but i think it will be harder on me to leave my family cause we are really close. but you do grow a lot while you are gone and grow closer as a couple so i am excited for that. sorry for my random thoughts haha. anyway you are so cute!!! so glad to hear you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel! Texas will be so fun! It will definitely be hard leaving your family. That was the hardest part for me but now it gives them an excuse to go visit you! Which is so fun. And you are right you guys will grow closer as a couple and learn to rely on each other more. Im excited for you and your cute little family!

      Delete
  2. I remember when you moved from Logan... Brittney and I were crying too!! I'm so glad you've had such great experiences living away. BUT I do have to say our senior year at USU honestly was not the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda! I am still sad about missing senior year with you guys! I miss our fun crazy times so much!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you are enjoying Phoenix! You have adjusted well to this big change and I bet you will have many happy memories of your law school years to remember for the rest of your lives!

    ReplyDelete