Monday, March 31, 2014

Oculus Rift

Conrad bought the new virtual gaming device, Oculus Rift for his past birthday.Its not consumer ready and is still in the developing stages. Being the big gamer that he is, he had to try it out and bought the developers kit. It was pretty sweet. They had a lot of demo games to try out. Our favorites were the roller coaster rides. It really felt like you were on a roller coaster moving around. When I first tried it I couldn't keep my balance and almost fell over.

There is also a horror haunted maze game that freaked me out! I really felt like I was in the maze and things were chasing me. We had friends over to try it and I actually think watching other peoples reactions to the game is more entertaining than doing it yourself. We of course recorded everyone's reactions. I cant figure out how to get the videos from my phone uploaded to here. I did post one of myself looking like a fool on facebook.

We took the Oculus with us to Utah to have our families try it out. It was hilarious watching everyone try it out.

Conrad posted a video on you tube of one of my cousins playing the horror game. I won't say which cousin :-) It is his real reaction. I will say he is much braver than I am because he went a lot longer in the game than I did. I barely made it a minute before I yanked the headset off.

No comments:

Post a Comment