When we found out we were pregnant in September it was already a given that we weren't going to tell our family until we saw them in December. It was the perfect Christmas surprise. My mom had been wanting a grand baby for so long. Knowing I wanted to totally surprise her I never let on that we were even thinking of having kids. I think she was getting a little worried that we would never have them haha.
It was really hard not telling them. Especially since I was so sick at first. Even still, being an adult when I'm sick all I want is my mom. When I'd call Conrad at work to tell him I needed things from the store I always ended with, "oh and I need my mom so please bring her too." There were a few times when I was talking to her on the phone I had to hold it away from me because I'd start gagging/dry heaving. I don't know how she didn't notice haha.
Two days before we left for Utah we got an ultra sound to see if we could find out the gender because we wanted to do a gender reveal cake with the family. Luckily we had great technicians that tried very hard to find out as it wasn't easy because baby kept crossing his legs. When they finally saw the gender they sealed it in an envelope for us. We gave the envelope to my friend Sierra and she made us an awesome cake that we took with us up to Utah.
When we got to Utah we stopped by all of Conrad's siblings houses first to tell them the great news. Unfortunately we couldn't tell Conrad's parents that grandchild number 16 was on his way in person because they are in Germany serving a mission.
We told my parents that their first grandchild was coming by making my dad think we were giving him a birthday present since his birthday was a few days prior. When he opened the gift he got a card that said, "We just wanted to tell you that the best parents are promoted to grandparents!" Inside the gift box was a framed picture of our ultra sound. My dad was so confused haha. We got my parents reaction on video and I am so glad we did because it was a great reaction. I posted the video on Facebook.
![]() |
| The awesome gender reveal cake my friend Sierra was kind enough to make for us. |
![]() |
| We both happened to be wearing blue when we found out it was a boy. |


I love that video of when your parents found out - it is priceless! That cake is awesome - what a fun way to reveal the gender!
ReplyDelete