Monday, October 10, 2011

Missionary Experiences

About a month ago Conrad and I had the sister missionaries over for dinner, we got to talking with them about people who were investigating the church. I asked them about a girl who had come a few times to young womens on Sunday. They pretty much answered me by asking Conrad and I if we would like to come to the discussions with them and this girl. Of course we said yes, from then on we have been going with the missionaries once a week to visit this girl and her family.

It has been such a great experience. Being able to share what we believe has been a great testimony builder for me. It has made me realize how truly blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives. Having grown up in the church I sometimes take for granted the knowledge that we have and how great that knowledge is. It has been so fun getting to know this girl and her family and seeing the light and knowledge come into their lives.

Even more exciting is that this girl (Adrian) decided to get baptized and she asked Conrad to baptize her. She just got baptized tonight. I had the opportunity to give a talk at her baptism. Of course I bawled the whole way through. Hopefully they could feel the spirit because I am not sure if anyone could understand what I was saying. They were probably thinking why did I ask this blubbering idiot to speak ha. It was Conrads first time baptizing someone since his mission and his first time in English so he was pretty excited. It was a good night. :-)

Here is a picture of the exciting night....

The Sister Missionaries, Conrad, Adrian and her mom and sisters. Her mom and one of her sisters are already baptized. The sister on the very end I heard wants to be baptized now as well!

4 comments:

  1. I remember talking to you forever ago about how we are "blubbering idiots" whenever we have to give talks and when I read that part in your blog I started laughing out loud! I bet you did great! What a sweet and special experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great missionary experience! And I was just getting caught up on your blog and reading thru all your posts. Congrats on the new job, I'm so excited for you!! And LOL on the Monk dance, gotta love that show. I think I love it so much because I can see some of myself in Monk - I'm slightly OCD myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found my blog!! I miss you. I should come visit you in Phoenix because in Vegas I am halfway there, right? Funny we found the same Dr. Seuss quote to put on our blog. Happy that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful experience! I am so proud of you two and the missionary work you are doing!! Keep up the good work!!
    Anonymous Patty

    ReplyDelete