Friday, October 7, 2011

Unique Names

For the past two weeks now, I have been going to a speech clinic and a private school to get my clinical hours for my speech therapist license. It has been a lot of fun for me, each time I go, I get more and more excited about working in the profession. I have met many different kids who have a variety of special needs. Most of them are just the sweetest cutest little things ever. Having met so many different kids, I have come across some quite interesting names that make you wonder where the parents came up with that name.

First: Identical twin girls, BOTH have autism, interesting I know, even more interesting is that their names are Liz- Beth and Liz- Eth..... Huh? alrighty then? The names aren't weird but they sound the same. Thats just confusing for the parents. My mom gets tongue tied with mine and my sisters names sometimes and our names sound nothing a like.

Second: I have never met another Conrad other than my husband, just yesterday I met a cute little six year old that shook my hand and said, " Hi, my name is Conrad Jessie Danger Flores but you can call me Conrad Jessie" Ha! so cute... Danger though? I don't know about that. I think he should go by Jessie Danger, that sounds pretty cool. Conrad (my husband) thinks its a pretty sweet name :D

Third and probably most interesting is a cute little six year old boy whos name is........Wait for it...... . Heaven-Lee-Peace Omega Duran. Heaven-Lee-Peace is his first name and Omega is his middle name. Apparently he has a second middle name but the therapist said there wasn't enough room to put it on his records. Hmmmmm? Interseting... I bet there is no one else in the world who has his name so that is pretty cool.

I am sure I will come across many more unique names such as these. I wonder how people come up with these names?

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha lizeth and lizbeth are normal names in mexico, but the last one name is very difficult! ahhah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your mother-in-law - Anonymous Patty" - I still haven't figured out how to comment with my Google Account!
    What a cute post! You are a great blogger! I love all of those crazy names - you have to wonder -"What were those parents thinking??"
    Patty

    ReplyDelete